Part of the Making a Difference Foundation’s mission is to provide financial support to nonprofit organizations who give humanitarian relief in times of natural disasters, conflicts, and other hardships.
To accomplish this, the foundation created its Disaster Relief program. Through this program, the foundation directs funds to nonprofit partners that are providing emergency relief services to individuals and communities in times of crisis.
To ensure we accomplish our mission and meet program requirements, the foundation:
- Assesses the needs of communities affected by disasters around the world
- Identifies organizations physically present in affected areas to bring humanitarian relief, primarily focused on healthcare
- Vets organizations to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements (i.e. 501(c)3 charitable status with IRS, financial transparency, etc.)
- Creates a Disaster Relief proposal and obtains approval from the Making a Difference Foundation Board of Directors
- Provides a one-time financial grant disbursement
If you have any questions about the Making a Difference Foundation, our Disaster Relief program, or have donation recommendations, we encourage you to reach out to a member of our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for making a difference!